Patients often ask us how to start anti-aging skincare and do anti-aging products work. The answer is simple: A solid skincare routine will protect your skin against stress and environmental factors. And that will keep your skin looking healthy and youthful!
It doesn’t have to be a challenge! So – in this article, we’ll discuss
- the benefits of regular moisturizing for your skin
- the basics of anti-aging skincare and how to get started
- how using our favorite SkinBetter Science products can help protect your skin
So, let’s dive in!
Why Moisturize Your Skin?
A regular skincare routine – including the steps of moisturizing and protecting – is essential for maintaining your youthful and radiant complexion. We all started out with one, and it’s sad to lose it unnecessarily!
A good moisturizer will create a barrier on your skin that:
- helps to lock in moisture
- keeps your skin hydrated
- prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- soothes and protects your skin from irritants
- creates the perfect canvas for makeup (and why stop using makeup as we age?)
What is Anti-Aging Skincare?
Our skin naturally loses its elasticity and firmness as we age, leading to wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
You may well have already looked into Botox or Xeomin to solve a few of those wrinkles. But protecting your skin earlier can help you avoid taking that step for a while.
So – why can your skin age prematurely?
One of the leading causes of aging skin is free radicals – unstable molecules that can damage skin cells and accelerate the aging process.
Increased production of those free radicals is often a result of exposure to UV radiation, pollutants in the air that include metals (such as lead, mercury, and aluminum), and other environmental stressors – all of which can lead to premature aging.
You know about visible fine wrinkles, but think also of reduced elastin and collagen. Nasties in the environment attack skin if you leave it unprotected.
To combat this, it’s important to focus on the use of skincare products that contain:
- Antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, to help neutralize free radicals and protect your skin from damage.
- Retinoids (vitamin A compounds) to target sun damage and reduce wrinkles.
- Hydroxy acids, such as AHA, to remove dead skin cells and stimulate the growth of new skin ones.
- Peptides to stimulate collagen production.
However, in addition to using anti-aging products, you can protect your skin by:
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle,
- eating a nutritious diet,
- getting enough sleep, and
- avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Each of these factors helps your skin to regenerate, unlock its potential, and maintain its glow.
Unlock Your Skin’s Potential: How to Build an Anti-Aging Skincare Routine
Before we introduce you to two of our favorite SkinBetter Science products, let’s quickly recap a broad skincare routine.
You need this because the rush and business of modern life can hurt your skin. It becomes dull, dry, and prone to breakouts.
In addition, stress, pollution, and lack of sleep contribute to skin damage. And this, in turn, accelerates those wrinkles and less-than-healthy appearance.
So – follow a consistent anti-aging skincare routine as early as possible.
Here’s a great starting point for an anti-aging skincare routine that you can build on as you go:
- Cleansing: Always go for a gentle cleanser suitable to your skin type that thoroughly removes dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out your skin.
- Exfoliation: You can exfoliate once or twice a week, depending on your needs, using a gentle scrub mask or chemical peel pads. This will remove dead skill cells and promote cell turnover.
- Serum: This is where you add your anti-aging product that will work its magic. In the morning, apply a vitamin C serum, and your retinol-based serum in the evening.
- Moisturizer: Lock all this goodness in with a good moisturizer.
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin from UV radiation by applying sunscreen. This is one of the top things you can do for anti-aging.
Warning! Always remember to patch test new products to avoid irritations, and be sure to apply skincare on your face, neck, and décolletage.
As soon as you’re comfortable with your routine, you can slowly introduce products that are more targeted, such as:
- Eye cream
- Night cream
- Neck cream
- Face oil
- Weekly deep hydrating masks
And now for the products we mentioned!
Protect Your Skin and Achieve Youthful Radiance with SkinBetter Science Products
SkinBetter Science offers a range of high-quality products that can help to protect and rejuvenate your skin. We’ll look today at Alto Advanced Defense and Repair Serum and Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment. Both can be great for your base skincare routine.
The Alto Advanced Defense and Repair Serum is a powerful antioxidant-rich serum that contains a potent blend of vitamins C and E and 17 additional antioxidants. Add this to your skincare routine after cleansing to
- protect against internal and external free radicals,
- help boost collagen production,
- brighten your skin,
- improve its texture, and
- prevent and reduce the visible signs of aging.
The Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment is a moisturizer that helps to hydrate and rejuvenate your skin thanks to a blend of natural moisturizing factors, hyaluronic acid, fatty acids, and ceramides. Apply this treatment after your serum to
- restore your skin’s natural moisture barrier,
- promote the more youthful complexion you’re wanting,
- reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkle, and
- improve your skin’s texture and tone.
Doesn’t this answer the question we started with? But what about the second question…
Do Anti-Aging Products Work?
You’ve started an anti-aging skincare routine, and you can’t wait to see the results! They’ll show up, believe us!
But when it comes to skincare, you’re playing the long game. The best advice is therefore to be consistent and patient. Your skin needs time to adjust. You may not see results overnight, but we assure you that your future self will be thankful.
Find Your Glow at Evexias Denver with SkinBetter Science Products
Our team at Evexias Denver would love to help you find the best course of action for healthy skincare.
Starting an anti-aging skincare routine to protect your skin may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Whether you’re a skincare beginner or skincare veteran, we’ll help you keep it simple and effective with SkinBetter Science products. Come and talk to us about them!